Monday, November 22, 2010

Cricut Magazine Challenge-Primary Birthday Box




















The Primary asked me to make them a Birthday Box for the birthday treats that they give each child on their birthday. I thought that I would make it look like a cake. This is my first one. I am thinking of making two so they can have a choice. I found some really great drawer pulls at Hobby Lobby for the top.
I took the handle off the box and changed the closure on the lid and added some foam to the bottom of the lid so it would close properly. The box was painted with pink paint. Then it was covered with paisley paper in pink and blue. I sewed the border onto the paper. The border, the cupcakes, and the flowers were cut on the cricut. The top of both cake layers have gathered pink netting. The bling is plastic beading, some large sequins, and large stick on gems. The top layer pulls open with the drawer pull as a handle to reveal the treats. Both layers have some flower trim around the edges.
See the newer post for a look at the finished cake. So what do you think? Thanks for looking.

No comments: